Thursday, May 24, 2007

Isle of Skye Part 2

Kilt Rock
Waterfall in foreground of Kilt Rock
Dunvegan Castle
Mom in front of Dunvegan Castle
Circular garden at Dunvegan Castle
Hey everyone! Well, we have a late start today because Mom ended up getting sick. I think it was the food she ate last night. She took a short nap and was feeling better after about an hour. We are heading to Dunvegan castle today and an area called the Fairy Glen that is in a town called Uig. It is supposed to be very beautiful.

Yesterday we ended up going to a place called Kilt Rock. It was magnificant and there was a waterfall that was pouring into the sea, about 200 feet up. We went in to a small town called Staffin and I bought my 99p burger (99p is about $2 US)!

It is raining right now, or misting. The rain seems to disappear once we are away from our hotel. I think because the hotel is right at the base of the mountain and is at a higher elevation than the rest of the island, the clouds seem to just hang there. I still cannot upload pictures, I tried hooking my camera up to the computer, but they have it set so that all you can do is use the internet because I cannot access any other part of the computer. So, maybe when I get back to Edinburgh, I will be able to obtain access to a wireless internet. If not, the next time will be in Munich. So off I go for now, hope everyone is doing well and will talk to everyone later!

-Dan and Andrea

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the names of the places there, even though half the time I can't tell how you're supposed to say them. Like Uig. That's just weird. Does it mean anything?

Hey, I thought of something today while I was slaving away at work (ok I was staring at the fridge in the office) - can you bring back a magnet for the office fridge? That would be so cool! :)

Thanks for answering the chair question - it might have seemed pretty obvious, but it was like an itch I couldn't quite scratch. Aahhhhh!

Clinic news (just so you don't feel behind the times)! Nikki Faver is graduating tomorrow! And I'm going to Vegas (woohoo!) to play for the weekend. No gambling, we're going to see the rest of the stuff...like the white tigers and whatever else there is. I'm personally going to be watching for George Clooney. :) Have a good weekend! I can't wait to hear your next adventure!
Tanya

Dr. Bill said...

Hey honky and mom,
Don't get any ideas of jumping off the waterfall. We still need you around here. The country side sounds fabulous. Keep sending the great discriptions and we will look at pictures later. Tell your mom hope she is feeling better and don't drink the beer, the water is fine. LOL. You all continue to enjoy.
Dr. Bill